Here is a very crafty and cute way to create a wind chime out of old salt and pepper shakers that can be found either around your house or bought at second hand stores and a small tin tray or plate to hang your shakers from. A bit of out door or water-proof glue and some colorful string or twine, scissors and a nail or awl will finish out all the supplies you need. First clean and decorate your salt and peppers and shakers, then string the twine or string through the lid, tie it really tight so that is doesn't fly off in a strong breeze. Add a bit of that glue to the rim of the shaker and put the lid back on. Make your strings for all your shakers different lengths, but not so different that the shakers can't come together to chime. Once all of your shakers are strung and glued take your tray, which is the main hanger for your creation, and punch holes around the edges, how ever you like using the awl or nail over wood. Thread the strings through the holes then tie and glue them so that it will stand up to those strong breezes. Once all your shakers are added, you're done! You now have a cleaver wind chime that is unique. You can also add old keys or other charms to add different sounds or looks to your chime.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades